CLERMONT COUNTY BOARD OF ELECTIONS
WHAT IS A PRECINCT ELECTION OFFICIAL?
Precinct Election Officials (PEO’s) are properly registered voters in the County where they live who help to ensure that all elections are conducted in a fair and honest and transparent manner in an effort to help safeguard the integrity of the election process.
· They prepare the Precinct by setting up Voting Equipment
· They greet the Voters
· They verify the registration and identification of the Voters
· They make sure the Voters are provided the appropriate Ballot
· At the end of the day, the PEO’S close the Precinct and prepare the ballots and other election materials for delivery back to the County Board of Elections on Election Night.
PRECINCT ELECTION OFFICIAL POSITIONS
There are generally (4) persons who work in each Precinct. In larger Precincts, the Board of Elections may add additional Precinct Officials. The (4) positions are
· Is responsible for the overall conduct of the election at the Precinct
· Makes sure the Voter is given the appropriate Ballot and makes sure that all Ballots are secured until the end of the day
· Assists the Presiding Judge and records the name of each Voter and corresponding ballot stub number (which are detached from the ballot)
· Processes the Provisional Voters (Voters who have moved and not changed their name or address) and assists the Presiding Judge with checking Voter ID
WHAT ARE THE HOURS
The Polls open at 6:30 am on Election Day and close at 7:30 pm. This means that our Precinct Election Officials must be at the Polls not later than 6:00 am to set up and will not be finished until about 8:00 pm or possibly later.
WHAT IS THE PAY$
You will earn a base pay of $105 plus $25 for training for a minimum of $130. (If you are the person returning the ballots and election supplies to the Board of Elections on election night you will also receive compensation for your travel costs. Persons driving longer distances will earn up to $160.
WHAT IS THE REAL PAYMENT
Signing up and volunteering to be a Precinct Election Official (PEO) is an enjoyable and rewarding way to be part of the election process. As a PEO, you will play a vital role in the democratic process! Remember, Precinct Election Officials are the backbone to our election system and it can’t happen without PEO’s!
WHAT ARE THE
HOW DO YOU APPLY ?
You must at least 18 years of age and a Registered Voter in Clermont County and free of any felony convictions. Just call us here at the Clermont County Board of Elections
at 732-7275 or contact us on our Website at www.ClermontElections.org. We’ll sign you up!
WHAT ABOUT TRAINING
We will be conducting training classes during the month of February at the Eastgate Holiday Inn. Classes are about 2.5 – 3 hours per session. (We now have available an Online Poll Worker Training Course that is used as supplemental training that is very helpful.)
Don’t Wait. Sign up today!
Judy Miller, Director
Clermont County Board of Elections
Republican Precinct Election Manager – Stephanie Hemmer-Haight (732-7489) Email: email@example.com
Democratic Precinct Election Manager – Bonnie Carlier (732-7488) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org